I just wrote about the Quickoffice for iPad update a couple of weeks ago and the last remaining major feature to be added was PowerPoint editing/creation support. I was pleased to get the news this morning that Quickoffice for iPad now supports PowerPoint editing.
This latest update is free for existing users and I have to say that Quickoffice is now clearly my first recommendation for an integrated Office suite on the iPad. Here are the new features that you get in the software with the PowerPoint support:
- Manipulate font type, color, size and style
- Add, delete and reorder slides
- Insert and rotate common shapes
- Change object layering
- Insert and edit text boxes
- Insert images saved within Quickoffice or from the iPad’s built-in Photos app
- View presentations in slideshow mode on-device and on an external monitor
- Present using a built-in laser pointer and filmstrip preview of slides
If you do not yet own the software, you can purchase this full suite, Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite for iPad for just $14.99! This is a special price that saves you $10 and even at $24.99 I think it is a fantastic deal.