The Semantic Exchange, a new membership organisation comprising many of the companies leading the way in commercialising semantic technologies, is beginning a series of promotional and educational activities with an online briefing tomorrow, 18 September.
According to the (free) sign-up page, participants can;
"Listen as [Semantic Exchange convenor] Mills Davis, and [organiser of next week's European Semantic Technology Conference] Alexander Wahler preview latest developments and application case examples, including:
- Automatic tagging of content to improve search and navigation
- Semantic discovery and analysis of information
- Automatic creation of ontologies from structured and unstructured sources
- Using semantic web standards to link and integrate enterprise and web-based data and processes
- Automatic generation of web pages and media from semantic models
- Successful applications of semantic technology in science, finance, pharma, health, energy, manufacturing"
Disclosure: my employer, Talis, is a member of the Semantic Exchange.