Your PC not burning through enough electricity as it is? You need a Sapphire FirePSU 1,250W PSU!
The Fire PSU range are workstation grade power supply units that are aimed at ATI FireGL, FireMV and ATI FirePro GPU users. They are jam-packed with high-end features:
- Design For Workstation: Optimized for workstation; AMD Opteron Processors Support; ATI FireGL and FireMV; ATI FirePro
- Multi-Card: CrossFireX Ready; SLI Support
- EPS12V: Provide more powerful and stable environment for critical server-based systems and applications supply
- 80PLUS: Compliant with ENERGY STAR® 4.0 and 80PLUS® efficiency requirements
- PCI-E power Support: Support PCI Express 2.0 and next generation graphic cards with 6+2P (8P) PCI-E connectors
- CPU & Graphic Support: Support Intel® Xeon™ , AMD ® Opteron ™ , other workstation processors, and SLI ™ or CrossFireX ™ technology; downgrade to support Intel® Core 2 Duo™/Quad™/Extreme™, and AMD® Athlon™ 64X2/X4 & Phenom™ X3/X4
- Worldwide Power Support: Auto-Adjustment for global voltage 100VAC–240VAC
- Active PFC: Improve the power factor up to 0.99 and greatly reduced AC harmonic distortions and save energy
- EMC: Full-scale electromagnetic filtering protects your system against radiation interferences
- Fan Speed Control: 12cm fan with fan speed control for optimal cooling; it is the special design that makes PSU exhaust air flow quickly.
- Protection Guard: Over Loading, Current, Voltage Protection; Under Voltage Protection; Short Circuit Protection; Over Temperature Protection
I know that the GPU market has contracted significantly over the past few months, but I can't see the high-end 1,000W+ PSU market being all that big either.
Unless you have an absolutely monster system, you're not going to need this much power.
A 625W FirePSU retails for around $50, so expect these units to be pricier when their hit retail.