A couple of weeks ago, I briefly met with Simeon Margolis, co-founder of Utterz. While I like the service as a consumer I said I believed there would be significant business interest if the service allowed for sending Utterz messages direct to preferred groups that could in turn be embedded in community services like Clearspace. At the time, Simeon merely winked saying: "Watch this space." Today, Utterz has gone part way towards what I am looking for in this service.
Today, Utterz announced that users can:
- Send utters privately or publicly directly '@' friends. Just write @username in the text of an utter or select them online from the drop-down. Send messages to either firstname.lastname@example.org for public messages or email@example.com for private messages.
- Personal URL: utterz.com/username
- Find your twitter and pownce friends on Utterz
- Use the new notifications to reply to utters from your mobile phone or e-mail. Set the up here
- New organization for your utters. Check out All, Recent, Inbox and Sent utters
Impressed? I am.