Singapore - Viewlocity has announced the availability of its new Extensible Markup Language (XML) Connector.
As opposed to Electronic Data Interchange, XML offers a more open, flexible, internet-based communication standard. "By using the unprecedented open exchange offered by XML, our clients gain a more comprehensive view of their supply chain because now they can integrate faster, and with more trading partners, than ever before," said Viewlocity's vice president and regional managing director of Asia pacific, Anders Berglund.
Viewlocity offers enterprise solutions that help bridge the gaps between the vast array of supply chain systems such as:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as J.D. Edwards OneWorld, SAP R/3, OracleApplications or PeopleSoft
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) from McHugh or Provia
- Supply Chain Planning (SCP) systems provided by i2 Technologies or Logility
- E-Commerce systems from InterWorld
- Order Management systems such as IMI
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) from Manugistics
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems such as MFG Pro
Viewlocity's XML Connector enables easy access and open exchange of business messages, allowing companies to take full advantage of web-based collaboration opportunities and form dynamic trading communities.
Trading partners transfer a diverse variety of information types such as orders, product design information, forecasts and production schedules. Viewlocity claims XML will provide flexible support for this diversity with key capabilities that include graphical tools to edit and view business objects, as well as transform and share the business objects.
Viewlocity has currently over 170 installations of its SAP ALE connector in demanding SAP interoperability applications worldwide. Viewlocity also offers its Connector Development Platform development for customers, partners and system integrators to develop a variety of connectors to meet specific application requirements.