Now in alpha and available via invitation to Vonage's U.S. customers only, Vonage ContactBook is a firm step toward differentiating Vonage from other, cheaper Internet phone services such as Skype. Vonage ContactBook might even earn Vonage a bit of needed gravitas in the SMB market.
And although this is an alpha test and not a beta, you don't have to have an "in" to get in. Just have a Vonage account and fill out the info you'll be requested of after you log in from the main page for this product (linked above)
According to Vonage, features of Vonage ContactBook include:
- Contact Management – Manage all your contacts in one centralized place. You can store all of your important contact information online including phone numbers, addresses, and e-mails.
- Import your Contacts – Easily import your existing contacts from Microsoft Outlook.
- Group Calling – Want to talk to friends or co-workers all at once? Vonage Group Calling allows you to talk with up to five contacts at the same time.
- Call Blast – Have a message that you need to send to a group of people? With Vonage Call Blast you can record a message and send it to up to 20 contacts with the click of a button.
- Click-To-Call – Call a phone number with a simple click of the mouse. No memorization of phone numbers needed!
- Speed Dial – Create easy-to-remember speed dial numbers for your contacts. One more way to make your life easier with Vonage.
- Voice Activated Dialing – Simply dial *44 from your Vonage phone and say your contact's name and Vonage Voice Activated Dialing will place the call for you.