With baggage fees, smaller overheads, and less available legroom, airline travel today is not an enjoyable experience for most. WaterField Designs hopes to make things better.
I've taken a couple of short business trips over the past month, and the WaterField Bolt Backpack served as my primary carry-on bag. While it performed well, WaterField just announced a new bag that was developed for an optimal airline experience.
The new Air Porter and Air Caddy combination was designed in collaboration with customers and frequent fliers. It is meant to make your TSA security check more efficient while also standing upright under your seat so you get more legroom. I am constantly battling legroom with my bag on flights and think this feature may be a major selling point for taller travelers.
According to the press release, travel friendly features include:
- Slim and stands upright under airline seat, leaving ample legroom
- Dual main compartments keep tech and personal items separated
- Waterproof exterior zippers and water-resistant lining help block the elements
- Zippered pocket under front leather flap grants quick-but-secure access
- Leather flap closes with magnets at two settings, allowing front pocket to be fully or partly packed and remain secured
- TSA-friendly laptop-sleeve compartment opens flat; dual handles facilitate quick grab after TSA screening
- Padded laptop sleeve with corner cut-outs that permit laptop charging while inside case
- Water-bottle/umbrella pockets snap closed when not in use, keeping bag svelte
- Interior key fob stores home keys for easy recovery after a long return flight
- Air Caddy holds in-flight necessities and is sized to fit into airline-seat pockets
The Air Caddy companion bag is a great idea that gives you the option to put the Air Porter in the overhead and get access to your headphones, chargers, and small snacks while in your seat.
The Air Porter will be available in early September for $359 in black ballistic nylon with oil-tanned, full-grain black leather, and in tan waxed canvas with naturally tanned, distressed, full-grain grizzly leather. The Air Caddy sells for $59 and is available in black ballistic nylon or tan waxed canvas.
PREVIOUS AND RELATED COVERAGE
Safari and Google Chrome are installed as default web browsers on most mobile devices. But there are other options -- and Samsung's exclusive mobile browser is now available for all users of the most recent versions of Android.
Electric bikes can give you a bit of boost during your commute and may even be faster than driving around the city. After a month of riding the RadCity, it's clear this zero emissions mode of transportation is fun and exciting.
The Samsung DeX accessory is designed for your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus to serve as the computer for your work. With the new iKey keyboard and flat panel display, law enforcement and first responders have a workstation designed to function as a desktop solution.