Yahoo said Tuesday that it has launched a beta program for Yahoo Mobile, the rollup of its various wireless applications.
Yahoo Mobile will be available in late March and mobile Web in late March (statement). In late May, Yahoo Mobile will be available for other smartphones like the Blackberry, Windows Mobile devices and Nokia's S60 and 40. In a nutshell, Yahoo Mobile aggregates various services from the company in one application.
The application will include:
- OneSearch, Yahoo's mobile search service;
- Today, a feature that highlights the top stories on the Internet;
- Email including access to other providers such as Gmail and Hotmail;
- Social network hooks into Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, MySpace, Flickr etc.
- Yahoo Messenger;
- Address book and calendar;
- News and personalization features;
- Opera Mini 4.2 integrated on smartphones.
Overall, Yahoo Mobile is a bit cosmetic, but a necessary step. I'll download it just for the aggregation of services--I frequently hop between various Yahoo properties on the go. Here's what Yahoo Mobile will look like: