What do you do when you arguably have a better suite than the big dog on the block yet lack the marketing and distribution heft? You integrate.
In a nutshell, that appears to be Zoho's plan (Techmeme, Zoho overview). Zoho provides an application suite that includes everything from office applications to CRM to other enterprise tools.
A few key points:
- Google Docs is integrated with Zoho Applications - Zoho CRM, Mail, Docs & Projects.
- This integration is an extension of the Google-Zoho sign-on integration.
- Documents from Google can be integrated into Zoho CRM.
- Attachments between Google Docs and Zoho products such as Mail are seamless.
Now let's ponder the strategy here.
- By integrating with Google Docs, Zoho can pitch a wider audience on its apps.
- This integration is key as Zoho aims for the stack above its office productivity apps---think CRM.
- And at the very least Zoho is put on Google's radar. I've long argued that Google should scoop up Zoho to advance its enterprise apps strategy.