ATI has released its latest graphics card in the 5000-series - the Radeon HD 5450.
There are several interesting points I need to make about this card.
- First, it's cheap. Around $50 cheap.
- It's not really a gaming graphics card, although it could be used for casual gaming. This is a GPU aimed at those looking for a budget multimedia solution.
- It's passively-cooled, so no fan noise.
- It's consumes 6.5W of power at idle and 19.1W at full load, so it sips power rather than gulping it.
- It features a low profile design, making it ideal for Home Theater PCs (HTPCs).
- Happy to handle HD tasks such as Blu-ray.
- HDMI ready.
- Supports three displays using Eyefinity technology.
- Supports DirectX 11.
- Dolby Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreaming.