Another day, another patch to install. This time, it's iOS 11.2.2 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Apple describes the patch as follows:
iOS 11.2.2 includes security improvements to Safari and WebKit to mitigate the effects of Spectre (CVE-2017-5753 and CVE-2017-5715).
Apple says it "recommends" the update "for all users."
To download the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update (the preferred way, and this way the patch is only about 75MB), or connect your iPhone to a computer running iTunes and then carry out the update (this is slower and downloads the entire iOS 11.2.2 package, which is several gigabytes, as opposed to just the smaller update).
- Everything you need to know about charging your iPhone X or iPhone 8
- Can you blow up your iPhone X/8 by placing it on a wireless charger pad while it's charging with a cable?
- The Apple Watch 3 is awesome
- USB-C is a total dumpster fire because we want it to do too much too quickly
- The iPhone X/8's best feature is one that most people will never get to use