Apple chief executive Tim Cook and other senior staff took to the stage at the Flint Center in Cupertino, California in preparation for the long-awaited iPhone 6 announcement.
During the keynote, the company's management, lead engineers, vice-presidents, and other key personnel dished out the latest numbers, from sales and shipments through to financials and other figures.
Here's what was said during the hour-long keynote:
- Two new iPhones, the larger iPhone 6 and the even larger iPhone 6 Plus
- 1.3 million apps now available in the App Store.
- 2 million pixels in the iPhone 6
- 3 million pixels in the iPhone 6 Plus
- 13 percent more iPhone shipments in the quarter ending June, to just over 35 million devices
- One new wearable announced, dubbed Apple Watch
- 200 million daily U.S. credit and debit card transactions, or roughly $12 billion
- 220,000 locations at which iPhone 6 users can pay for products with their devices
- 5 million daily U.S. online credit and debit card transactions
- CNET: Apple event live blog