In today's mobile world I see people switching carriers more than before since they can port their number and seem to be more willing to switch to get the device they want. Some carriers provide backup services for phones that are on their network, but services that are cross carrier are more attractive. I have also tried some backup solutions on devices, but none of them are universal. Wirefly revealed their latest Mobile Backup Pro service that works across BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, and Windows Mobile 6.5 devices.
I mentioned that I purchased my HTC ThunderBolt from Wirefly and they have been fantastic in working with me to resolve my WiFi hotspot issues. Back in November they released their Wirefly Mobile Backup basic plan that gives you 2GB of storage for free for life with support to backup contacts, photos, and calendar on up to five phones and one PC.
Their new Pro version gives you the basic version storage and backup capability, but adds more storage and these enhanced features:
- Last Known Location: View the approximate location of your registered phone(s) on an integrated map using the phone's built-in GPS.
- Lock/Unlock Phone: Remotely lock your phone to prevent unauthorized use and protect your personal information.
- Display Message: Send a message to your phone that locks and displays a message requesting that the good Samaritan holding your phone contact you to return it.
- Set Phone Alarm: Lock your phone and send a loud, audible alert directly to your phone to immediately pinpoint its location.
- Erase Phone: Remotely erase your phone's content. Since Wirefly Mobile Backup already backs up your contacts, photos and more, you can easily transfer your stored data to your replacement device in minutes.
I have a great service on my Nokia N8 that lets me send a signal to my device if I misplace it with a loud signal eminating from it with the ability to find my phone too. Thus, I really like the phone alarm feature and the lock/unlock phone functions and find them useful even for those times when you misplace your phone.
Wirefly Mobile Backup Pro comes in two versions; an individual account for $2.99 per month that gives you 10GB of storage and support for one phone and one PC and a family account for $5.99 per month that gives you unlimited storage and support for up to five phones and one PC.
You can try out the Pro service for free for 30 days by entering the promo code WMBPRO during checkout. At the end of the 30 day period you can continue to use a free account or pay to have a Pro account.