Dell has unveiled the Vostro V130, a super slim and light business laptop with Intel Core i3 and i5 processor options for users working on-the-go.
At 0.65 inches-thin and weighing 3.5 pounds, the Vostro V130 is truly built for travel. The exterior sports zinc hinges around the anodized-aluminum casing. (But don't go thinking this is a Toughbook ready for serious drops. The V130 is only ready for everyday bumps.) Dell asserts that this is also the "first ultra-thin laptop" to offer Intel's Hyperbaric Cooling to keep things quiet and cool.
Furthermore, as Internet access is almost absolutely necessary for getting work done, the Vostro 130 can get online via the built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi, a user-accessible SIM card or optional 4G through WiMax.
Buyers will also have the chance to customize their machines on a number of different specs. Let's take a closer look at what else is inside the petite Vostro V130:
- 13.3-inch diagonal LED-backlit, anti-glare, HD display (1,366 x 768 resolution)
- Processor options: Intel Celeron ULV U3400, Core ULV i3-380UM, Core ULV i5-470UM
- Operating system options: Windows 7 Professional (32- and 64-bit), 7 Home Premium (64-bit), 7 Home Basic (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu
- Mobile Intel HM57 Express Chipset
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- Up to 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM (800 MHz)
- Hard drive options 250GB 5400 rpm SATA, 320/500/640GB 7200 rpm SATA, 128GB SSD
- Optional External 8X DVD+/-RW
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 NIC)
- Bluetooth v3.0
- HSPA support
- 2.0-megapixel webcam
- Full-sized keyboard
- Touchpad with scroll zone and gesture support
- 5-in-1 card reader (MS, MS Pro, SD, MMC and SDHD)
- Optional SIM card slot
- Connectivity: Dual USB 2.0 ports, USB 2.0/eSATAcombo, VGA, HDMI, RJ-45, Power, audio-in, headphone/speaker out
- 6-cell SmartLithium Ion battery
Available in a pair of Euro-esque shades (Lucerne Red and Aberdeen Silver), the Dell Vostro V130 is retailing for $429.