DailyTech gives us a glimpse at AMD's upcoming Socket G34.
Not a lot of detail at this early stage but here's what the know:
- 1974 pin connect socket
- Designed for two new second-generation 45nm processors: - twin native-quadcore (8 cores in all) Shanghai processor - 12 core Magny-Cours processor
- These new processors will feature: - four HyperTransport 3 interconnects - 12MB of L3 cache - 512KB L2 cache per core
- Expected release 2010 (motherboard manufacturers will start see these early 2009)
- Registered and unregistered quad-channel DDR3 support
- FSB speeds of 800 to 1600 MHz
An image speaks a thousand words ...