Blockchain, perhaps best known as the technology behind Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, is on track to become one of the next big trends in the enterprise. Our special feature from TechRepublic and ZDNet contains articles on business uses for blockchain and predictions about the impact of the technology. Here's a look at what's in this free PDF ebook:
To help readers get up to speed, TechRepublic writer Dan Patterson put together a guide to the blockchain for non-engineers. In his article 'Blockchain and business: Looking beyond the hype', writer Charles McLellan reviews the current state of blockchain adoption and rounds up industry research.
For those who want a better understanding of blockchain's practical uses, TechRepublic writer Alison Rayome created a list of 10 ways blockchain is currently, or could be implemented in various industries. The list includes supply chain management, food safety, and medical records. Other articles in this feature examine how blockchain could transform financial systems, consumption of media, and voting.
Also, for this feature, ZDNet's sister site Tech Pro Research surveyed 443 professionals about how they feel blockchain will affect their industries and daily lives. The ebook contains an infographic with those findings.
- Blockchain: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- How the blockchain can help track important messages and prevent email fraud (TechRepublic)
- Don't believe the hype: Only 1% of CIOs have adopted blockchain tech (TechRepublic)
- Finding a job or saving democracy: Blockchain to the rescue? (ZDNet)
- Executive's guide to implementing blockchain technology (ZDNet)
- Google is experimenting with blockchain technology for use in the cloud: report (ZDNet)
- Blockchain Decoded (CNET)