Philipp Lenssen of Google Blogoscoped found some shreds Google's forthcoming Health offering. It's only a log-in page, but it outlines what to expect if you choose to make Google part of your digital healthcare program.
With Google Health, you can:
* Build online health profiles that belong to you
* Download medical records from doctors and pharmacies
* Get personalized health guidance and relevant news
* Find qualified doctors and connect to time-saving services
* Share selected information with family or caregivers
During the Web 2.0 summit in October 2007, Google's Marissa Mayer told the audience to expect Google Health early in 2008. This may be a sign that Google Health is coming out of the incubator. Microsoft has already launched a health site--HealthVault--which offers a way to collect, store, and share your health information with doctors. It's an understatement to say that healthcare is ripe for innovative Web-based solutions, and it's another area where Google and Microsoft will face off.