The US Health and Human Services Department was reportedly hit by a cyberattack Sunday night as security incidents related to thepandemic ramp.
- Free PDF download: Cybersecurity: Let's get tactical
- Most common cyberattacks we'll see in 2020, and how to defend against them
According to a tweet, a text message from the National Security Council was related to the attack. The text read:
Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE. There is no national lockdown. @CDCgov has and will continue to post the latest guidance on #COVID19. #coronavirus
Recent headlines include:
- Coronavirus-themed phishing attacks and hacking campaigns are on the rise.
- State-sponsored hackers are now using coronavirus lures to infect their targets.
- Czech hospital hit by cyberattack while in the midst of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Coronavirus-related cyberattacks have been identified by cybersecurity researchers at companies around the world.
- Spying concerns raised over Iran's official COVID-19 detection app.