The Indian government has banned another 43 Chinese mobile apps on the grounds of national security, according to a government mandate released on Tuesday.
"This action was taken based on the inputs regarding these apps for engaging in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order," the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology said.
Among the apps banned on Tuesday were AliExpress and TaoBao Live.
Since June, India has been blocking citizens from using Chinese mobile apps following a border clash between Indian and Chinese soldiers where they fought each other with rocks and clubs. The clash resulted in the death of 20 Indian soldiers and more than 75 being injured.
Also read: Despite brutal border clash between India and China, tech bonds will be very hard to break
The first set of bans were released a fortnight after the gruesome incident, with India blocking access to 59 Chinese mobile apps, which included TikTok, UC Browser, Weibo, and WeChat.
The country then extended that ban to a further 118 Chinese mobile apps in September, with Baidu, Alipay, PUBG, and WeChat Work being among those additions.
With the latest round of bans issued on Tuesday, the total number of Chinese mobile apps banned is now 220.
The full list of apps that blocked on Tuesday are:
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress - Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India - Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard - Business Card Reader
- CamCard - BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social - Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia - Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- WeDate-Dating App
- Free dating app-Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese - Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian - Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela - Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV - TV version
- WeTV - Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
- Taobao Live
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match-Decorate your dream island！
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
India blocks 118 apps including Baidu, AliPay, PUBG, WeChat Work
Apps, mostly linked to China, accused of sending data outside of India and undermining its sovereignty.
India bans 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok, UC Browser, Weibo, and WeChat
Indian government ban comes after the Indian military has clashed with Chinese forces on the country's northern border.
India may have banned TikTok but the app's users have democratised stardom forever
TikTok introduced India to everyday stars from small towns and villages, and across genders, classes, and castes.
Pakistan overturns ban on TikTok after promises of improved moderation practices
The ban was ordered after TikTok failed to comply with local content laws.
Pakistan bans TikTok for 'immoral' content
The ban was ordered after TikTok failed to comply with the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority's conditions for keeping the app available.
TikTok removed 104M videos for guideline violations, majority from India and US
Chinese video app maker says it removed more than 104.54 million videos in the first half of 2020 for breaching its community guidelines or terms of service, with the largest volumes from India and the US at 37.68 million and 9.82 million, respectively.