This sounds familiar, but it's true again today. Sony's PlayStation Network is reportedly down, and many users can't log in at all.
Earlier this month, the PlayStation Network went down for several hours, reportedly due to work by a hacker group. It's not clear if that is the same case this time, or if it's due to maintenance issues. Additionally unfortunate is that Sony hasn't said anything about when this roadblock might be cleared. On the Official PlayStation blog, it only says:
We’re aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information.
Until then, users trying to access PSN on a PlayStation 3 and similar devices for the purpose of using online games or apps (i.e. Netflix, Music Unlimited, Hulu Plus, etc.) will be unable to do so.
Have you had trouble accessing the PlayStation Network today?
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Sony PlayStation 3 sales surpass 50 million units worldwide
- Sony DS6500 wireless headphones pack 7.1-channel surround sound
- Sony brings Music Unlimited to PlayStation Portable
- Is Sony working on an Android-based PlayStation tablet?
- Sony NGP release could also be delayed by disaster in Japan