Along with Windows 7's launch comes "7 days of Windows 7," a week-long Microsoft deal extravaganza for Windows 7 hardware, software and support.
Here's the scoop for Day One:
- Best Buy will offer a "home makeover" that includes an HP Slimline desktop, laptop and netbook, together with an LCD, a wireless router and set-up service from the Geek Squad, all for $1,199. (Savings: about $500.)
- Dell Studio XPS 13 for $999. (Presumably a better spec model, since the XPS 13 starts at this price.)
- Acer AZ5610-U9072 23" touchscreen all-in-one PC for $899. (Usually more than $1,000)
- "Buy a PC, Get A Discounted Upgrade" -- buy a new Windows 7 Home Premium PC and upgrade an existing Windows PC with a discounted box copy of Windows 7 through Jan. 2. (Only in: U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Greece, Slovakia, Poland, Latvia, Hungary, Denmark, New Zealand and Australia.)
- Windows 7 Family Pack now available; three upgrade licenses for a discounted price. (Only in: U.S., Japan, Canada, Germany, U.K., France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, Luxembourg and Sweden.)
- Special upgrade for students: with valid college/university e-mail, get the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade or Windows 7 Professional Upgrade for $29.99 in the U.S through Jan 3. (Only in: U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Korea, Mexico and U.K.; through March 31 in Australia.)
Today's deals are a part of the "simplify your life" theme.
Friday (tomorrow) will be focused on multimedia.
Saturday will be focused on gaming.
Sunday will be focused on "work from anywhere."
Monday will be focused on security.