There's never been a better time to buy an Android smartphone. Not only is there a huge array of different handsets from a multitude of manufacturers to choose from, but what you get for your money is simply incredible.
All of these Android smartphones are on par with the iPhone for quality, performance, and prestige, and all will help you get work done when you are away from your desk. Due to popular demand, I've added a couple of budget smartphones that retail for around $200 too, including one that offers a high level of water resistance.
All of these devices not only feature quality hardware, they will also give you an excellent Android user experience (hint: if you want a pure Android experience, got for the Nexus).
As always, prices and availability will vary from carrier to carrier, and if you buy an unlocked handset, expect to pay a premium price upfront. However, unlocked handsets offer you the freedom to switch between carriers as you please, a feature that can be a real help to world travelers.
- All the rah-rah over new iPhone launches is starting to feel pathetic
- 'Premium' Android smartphones are dying
- Samsung responds to Galaxy Note 5 S-Pen flaw
- Apple offers free fix for blurry iPhone 6 Plus cameras
- How to get the most out of your rechargeable batteries