HP is tackling the problem with three different products within the HP VirtualSystem suite – HP Converged Storage, HP BladeSystem Servers, and HP Insight software. Taken together, HP hopes to be offering “best in class, at every level of the rack,” according to Tom Joyce, vice president of marketing, strategy and operations at HP StorageWorks.
Joyce took the opportunity to discuss the features and importance of the VirtualSystem release in a pre-VWworld briefing, along with Mike Banic, vice president of global marketing, and Michael Nielson, director of product solutions, both at HP Networking.
VirtualSystem has been three years in the works, according to Joyce. And it comes in response to struggles that many organizations have had with migration toward cloud computing. VirtualSystem for VMware is being promoted as “a highly optimized, turnkey solution that gives organizations a virtualized infrastructure that speeds implementation and provides a foundation for cloud computing.”
“As virtualization has gained adoption, multi-tier network architectures, virtual sprawl, inflexible storage, unpredictable workloads and security concerns have increased complexity and limited broad deployment,” an HP spokesperson says.
Specifically, VirtualSystem for VMware suite aims to help:
- Accelerate virtual machine mobility by up to 40 percent, while doubling throughput and reducing network recovery time by more than 500 times. It does this using the new HP FlexFabric virtualized networking solution.
- Cut capacity requirements by 50 percent, double virtual machine density, and speed deployment, all using HP LeftHand and HP 3PAR Storage Systems.
This should come as welcome news for IT managers struggling with ever-changing deployment needs. Also welcome news is that VirtualSystem can be customized with HP Virtualization Smart Bundles.
HP clearly sees the new release as part of an umbrella strategy toward seemless and scalable deployment, but also one that provides strategic advantage for the client.
VirtualSystem for VMware is available now from HP, with pricing starting at $167,300. This includes HP Converged Infrastructure, factory integration and three years of HP Support Plus 24 service.
(BriefingsDirect contributor David Weldon added research and reporting to this post. He can be reached via LinkedIn.)
You may also be interested in:
- HP delivers applications appliance solutions that leverage converged infrastructure for virtualization, data management
- HP delivers NMC 9.1 as new demands on network management require secure, integrated, and automated response
- New HP Service Manager tackles time and cost associated with help desk productivity
- HP's IT Performance Suite empowers IT leaders with unified view into total operations, costs
- HP takes plunge on dual cloud bursting: public and-or private apps support comes of age
- HP rolls out EcoPOD modular data center, provides high-density converged infrastructure with extreme energy efficiency