Also: 17 ways to recycle or sell your smartphone TechRepublic
LG has established itself as the manufacturer that provides a rear camera with a wide-angle lens and it still continues to offer this unique camera experience. In addition to the wide-angle camera, it also has standard and telephoto zoom cameras on the back. Flip around to the front and you will find two cameras: one standard and the other a 90 degree wide-angle lens. There really isn't anything you can't capture with the LG V40 ThinQ.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Display: 6.4 inch 19.5:9 1440 x 3120 pixel resolution FullVision IPS LCD, Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating system: Android 8.1 Oreo
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB internal storage with microSD storage card
- Cameras: 12-megapixel standard, 16-megapixel wide angle f/1.9 (107 degrees), and 12-megapixel telephoto f/2.2 triple rear cameras; standard 8-megapixel f/1.9 and 5-megapixel wide-angle f/2.2 front-facing f/1.9 camera
- Wireless technology: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, FM radio
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D surround sound, Boombox speaker
- Durability ratings: IP68 dust and water resistant rating
- Battery: 3,300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and wireless charging technologies
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 75.4 x 7.6mm and 169 grams
- Colors: Aurora Black and Moroccan Blue
One of the interesting features added along with the five cameras is called Cine Shot and it includes moving elements in still pictures. The camera also supports AI functionality, similar to the LG G7.
All major US carriers will be launching the LG V40 on 19 October, pre-orders start 12 October, with prices ranging from $900 to $980. Stay tuned for our full review of this new V Series smartphone.
Previous and related coverage:
The new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was just announced and we expect three new iPhones and two Google Pixel phones to launch soon. Now is the time to consider selling your current one before market prices drop or plan to participate in a trade-in program.
he major smartphone launch season is upon us and one of the first out of the gates is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, immediately taking over the top spot in our list of best smartphones.
Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews. If you use our links to buy, we may get a commission.
The best tablets for 2018: Our top picks TechRepublic
Tablet sales may be declining, but there are still plenty of viable use cases and many models to choose from. Here's our pick of the best.