What do you get if you ask 600 tech industry news readers to rank the top tech scandals of 2017? You get a very long infographic!
Here's the nutshell details of the survey courtesy of Brionna Lewis at Instamotor, an online used car market:
Top Five Tech Scandals of 2017
- Facebook, Twitter and Google testify about Russian meddling in the 2016 election
- Equifax announces data breach
- Uber admits to 2016 data breach and hacker bribing
- Google engineer sends sexist memo
- Female engineer unveils sexist culture at Uber
Instamotor found a large amount of goodwill towards the scandal ridden companies:
Facebook: 3 in 5 respondents (60%) say Facebook is at least "somewhat trustworthy", with nearly 1 in 5 (19%) ranking them as "very trustworthy"
Uber: More than half (51%) of respondents say Uber is at least "somewhat" trustworthy, with 12% ranking them at "very trustworthy"
Equifax: More than 2 in 5 (42%) say Equifax is at least "somewhat" trustworthy, with nearly 1 in 5 (19%) ranking them as "very trustworthy"
Here is the timeline of the scandals as an infographic: