Windows XP and the Future of the Desktop
Microsoft support for Windows XP officially ends on April 8, 2014. After that date there will be no new security updates, non-security hotfixes, and no free or paid support options for XP. Here are resources from ZDNet and TechRepublic to help you navigate the transition.
- Windows XP: What to expect once Microsoft shuts down support
- Research: 37 percent continuing with Microsoft XP post support
- Executive's guide to the end of Windows XP support (free ebook)
- Microsoft: Why the Windows XP show is finally over
- Windows XP and Windows 8: The worst possible combination for Microsoft
- The History of Windows: A timeline
- Windows XP end-of-life migration guide
- Preparing for a brave new world without Windows XP support
- Where can you go next after Windows XP?
- eXPropriation: Repurposing old XP hardware