KUALA LUMPUR — 3Com Malaysia has introduced
new solutions for workgroup system that give corporate customers the ability to support voice, video and data applications
at a significantly lower cost.
Known as the 3Com SuperStack II®, the collection of switches for network computers allows businesses to speed up application response, facilitate workgroup collaboration with real-time file-sharing, while adding efficiencies to order fulfillment and customer service.
"Customers now will be able to afford and manage the high-performance networking of Gigabit Ethernet technology for their enterprises and can choose and integrate Gigabit Ethernet with the new, more-compact SuperStack II 3300 switches," said Pang Yee Beng, Country Manager for 3Com Malaysia.
3Com Malaysia has also introduced a new warranty for SuperStack II switch with 90 days of telephone technical support and software updates, as well as lifetime hardware repair or replacement.
The new 3Com stackable switches support a variety of applications that enable enterprise employees to interact as groups over a network for servicing people, doing administrative tasks, sharing information, meeting deadlines and communicating efficiently."
"3Com’s new, fixed configuration SuperStack II Switch 3300 switches are a remarkably affordable and powerful solution that can be use to improve the performance of administration network," said Pang
With 3Com’s stackable switching solutions, enterprises benefit from network efficiency, workgroup high performance and small office/remote office network sharing. The new switches offer customers the capabilities to manage bandwidth demands for operation-critical and time-sensitive applications using voice, video and data.
3Com Ethernet networks are a foundation for the 3Com NBX® LAN telephony solution and AirConnect® wireless LAN solution, which can be easily added for increased flexibility, more integration and better management. In addition, 3Com’s network interface cards (NICs), which are continually being advanced, provide intelligence at the desktop to adapt to new applications and take full advantage of the higher-speed systems.
Benefits of New 3Com Ethernet Offerings
· Affordable Networking – Dramatic cost reductions for both 10/100 switching and the cost of migrating to Gigabit Ethernet
· Business of any size can take full advantage of the benefit of high speed networking, whether in a workgroup LAN or a remote office
· Plug-and-play simplicity – Each of the four new models is optimized and pre-configured to meet customers’ needs
· No requirement for highly skilled staff to configure and manage units
· Flexible choices – For simple 10/100 Mbps bandwidth, a customer can choose the 3300MM or 3300XM. For higher bandwidth 1000 Mbps, a customer can choose the 3300TM (for copper cabling) or the 3300SM (for fiber cabling)
· Flexibility gives customers the ability to choose the model that best fits their needs
· Resilience –Advanced redundant power supply for uninterrupted network operations; providing resilient links and spanning tree support
· Customers build fault-tolerant, mission-critical networks
· Investment protection – The new switches are fully compatible with existing SuperStack II 1100/3300 switches
· Customers can mix and match any switch in the SuperStack II 3300 switch family in a simple stack
· Easy management – All four models feature advanced capabilities including Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Remote Monitoring (RMON) and Web-based management. In addition, Transcend Network Supervisor is shipped with every unit at no extra charge.
· Transcend Network Supervisor is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, PC-based management application that allows customers to discover, map and monitor their networks with ease.
About 3Com Corporation
3Com simplifies how people connect to information and services through easy-to-use, connectivity products and solutions for consumers and commercial organizations. The company also provides access infrastructures and IP services platforms for network service providers.
Digital Health and Wellness