Even if you aren't a public figure, like our esteemed editor who staring back at him every day, the email inbox can quickly spiral into a constant, cluttered stream of messages rather than an effective communication tool.
But there are ways to reclaim your email. LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner reveals his secrets for a stress-free inbox with these seven tips:
- Send fewer emails.
- Take advantage of the "mark as unread" tool to prioritize messages.
- Get in an email routine (so you aren't emailing all day).
- Avoid ambiguous emails to avoid unnecessary followup emails.
- Put only the most important recipients in the To: field (cc: everyone else).
- Let a sender know you received their email ("Got it.") to reduce follow-up emails.
- Don't use email for highly nuanced and sensitive subjects.
Of course, everyone has their own email idiosyncrasies. Add your own tips for turning your inbox into a happy place in the comment section.
Read more: LinkedIn
This post was originally published on Smartplanet.com