The afternoon at DEMO 07
covers a number of topics with presenting companies organized around three themes:Making it all work
– companies providing the architecture and foundation for web-based applications and services.
So, you want to be a media mogul
- SupportSoft – System TuneUp and Security Audit – System TuneUp helps computer users speed up the performance of their PCs in under an hour. Security Audit provides assistance in locking down a PC to prevent malicious software infection and phishing and other attacks.
- Triumfant – Resolution Manager – A service that scans all computers on a network, establishing more than 200,000 data points on each PC which are then compared against a reference model to identify any anomalies, patch issues, or other issues and pushes fixes to the affected PC automatically.
- SOASTA – Concerto – an online visual development environment for testing and certifying web applications.
- Integrien – Alive 5.5 – A network monitoring system that predicts network issues before they happen allow proactive response before a service failure takes place.
- SailPoint Technologies – Compliance IQ – a service that helps organizations analyze and assess end-user access to network resources and information stores to manage risk and comply with legislative drivers like Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPPA.
– A group of companies providing services to create your own media channels using nothing but a browser and broadband internet connection.
Unleashing your inner creative
- Panjea.com – surf the net and collect video links from content services like YouTube and aggregate them into a personal channel that can be embedded into any website, blog, or MySpace page.
- mywaves – content channels you can subscribe to and watch on your mobile handset including video from CNN, MTV, and VH1 as well as popular web video sources.
- ClipSyndicate – an advertising and content syndication service for content producers to assist in monetizing their work. Content providers and web publishers share in the revenues generated..
- Magnify.net – makes creating and attaching metadata to User Generated Video (UGV) easier to enable better search and make it easier to aggregate content about particular subject together into a channel that can be subscribed to.
- Yodio – an online community for creating and sharing audio casts, Yodio supports rating of audio casts, streaming and/ot downloading of content to most audio devices and is offering a micro-paymnet system to reward creators of popular content.
- ThePort Network – Blerts – ThePort Network has created a tool that allows your most important (orinteresting) RSS feeds to generate a visual alert when new content becomes available. Content, whether text or images, can be viewed directly in the Blert.
- LiveSquare.com – an anti-piracy solution for streaming media, video-conferencing, and other online content.
– Content creation tools to make everyone a producer of high-quality content.
- ink2 – on-demand printing of cards and other goods from content on any web site including the commerce engine required to conduct the transactions.
- VUVOX – an easy-to-use online and mobile content creation service that produces high-quality output that can be shared on a web site or blog.
- SplashCast – create and syndicate online content built from music, photos, video, text and RSS feeds. SplashCast provides a universal, embedded player.
- SharedBook – allows content to be aggregated from arounf the internet and published in a permanent, personalized book.
- OurStory – allows the collaborative building a interactive timeline of photos and commentary.
- Mixpo Portfolio Broadcasting – allows individuals to easily organize content into a sharable video channel. The emphasis is on extremely simple construction that results in a high-quality presentation. A copy-and-paste metaphor is used to construct the presentation.
- Preclick – Instant Photo Messenger – makes photo sharing as easy as instant messaging. Shared photos can be printed via an online service provider, printed at home, saved locally, or added to a screensaver with a few clicks.
- Bling Software – An AJAX client for mobile applications that allows a mobile application to be built in a very short time.
As you can see, there are lots of media tools at DEMO this year as user generated content evolves into a new kind of personal publishing that leverages the increasing amount of content available on the public network.
I've spent the breaks from the DEMO stage visiting with some of the companies here and will be back with a closer look at a few companies that have really caught my interest with solutions to very real problems and tools that create new opportunities for creating a variety of content.