Apple has launched a replacement program for Headphones with Remote included with the iPod shuffle (3rd gen) after reports that they may fail under certain circumstances.
Problematic headphones either stop working or display one or more of the following symptoms:
- Controls are non-responsive or work intermittently
- Unexpected volume increase or decrease
- Unexpected playing of voice feedback
Serial number ranges of the iPod shuffle with the covered headphones:
- xx909xxxxxx to xx952xxxxxx
- xx001xxxxxx to xx004xxxxxx
For more details visit the Apple Support website.