Apple chief executive Tim Cook and other key staff took to the stage at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco to announce its next-generation software offerings to its worldwide community of developers.
During the keynote, the company's management, lead engineers, vice-presidents and key personnel dished out a series of updates.
- 27 years of Worldwide Developer Conference this year
- 13 million developers building apps
- 2 million developers added in the last year alone
- 350 scholarships awarded so far this year
- 2 million apps in the Apple App Store
- $50 billion given to developers since the App Store's debut
- Four new platforms updated -- iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS
- 1,300 video channels for tvOS, the operating system for new Apple TV boxes
- 6,000 total apps on the tvOS App Store
- 10 billion documents stored by Apple in iCloud Drive
- 2 billion requests made to Siri
- 2,000 news outlets in Apple News
- 60 million monthly active users who read news from Apple News