At the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco this week, Ben Horowitz, co-founder and general partner of the venture capital fund Andreessen Horowitz, had some very positive things to say about Facebook as well as its co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg. During a word association game, Horowitz was asked about what he thought about the social networking giant.
Forbes has the transcription:
Q: Give me one sentence on some of your investments. Facebook.
A: Best-run company in technology. Mark Zuckerberg is probably the best new CEO that I've seen. He is incredibly thoughtful about how he has constructed that company. Even little things. Lower titles there–why he does that is insightful: He wants people to come to Facebook for the right reason, not to be a vice president. In the boot camp for the first two months, you have to build products.
Even outside of Facebook, when Zuckerberg wants to speak his mind about a given topic, people listen. The links below are a few examples of what he has discussed publicly in the past.
- Mark Zuckerberg: "I really do use Facebook all day long."
- Zuckerberg: 500 million daily active users on Facebook
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: spamming apps are lame
- When Mark Zuckerberg wants to hire you, he takes you to the woods
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook users eventually get over privacy anxiety
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook minimum age limit should be removed