CIOs always have the responsibility of practicing strict financial management because IT budgets are such a large line item in most corporate budgets. Nevertheless, most IT departments still waste money in lots of common and avoidable ways.
In a recession, wasting money will not only hurt your department and your company, but it can also be the quickest way to get yourself fired. TechRepublic has put together a special report to help IT leaders identify the most common ways that IT departments waste money.
Here are some of the issues that are identified in the report:
- Waste energy
- Spend too much on mobile technology
- Use consultants when the job could be done by staff
- Hire full-time employees when contractors would be more cost effective
- Make unnecessary upgrades
- Don't use the training budget effectively
Download the PDF special report to get the full list and read all of the details.