Dell on Wednesday said it has revamped its enterprise portfolio with data center and virtualization services, new configurations and a new PowerEdge server and EqualLogic storage array.
The lineup, designed for high performance computing and virtualized data centers, includes the following:
- Pre-configured infrastructure that bundles Dell PowerEdge M-series blades, EqualLogic storage and Cisco's Catalyst switches. Integration with VMware vSphere 4, a data center operating system, and Novell's Platespin are included. A small to medium sized business configuration includes a bundle with Dell servers, Symantec backup and Microsoft's virtualization suite.
- Virtualization consulting services: Dell via its ProConsult efforts aims to use surveys, best practices and reference architecture to speed up the design process. The services touch on planning, disaster recovery and data management.
- Support for the latest hypervisors from VMware, Citrix and Microsoft.
- A management software overhaul for easier virtualization management and remote reporting and monitoring.
- A EqualLogic PS4000 storage array and PowerVault NX3000 network attached storage device for SMBs.
- A beefed up PowerEdge T410 and T710 tower servers and R410 rack server that runs on Intel Xeon 5500 processors.