The notebook fills the gap between the traditional laptop segment and the growing netbook segment.
Outside, the Studio 14z measures between 0.79 and 1.2 inches thick. Inside, you can find one of several Intel Core 2 Duo processors, RAM of up to 5GB DDR3, an HDD of up to 500GB and either 1366x768 or 1600x900 display resolution options.
Targeted at "the generation that has grown up with the Internet and can find just about anything online" -- students, cough cough -- the Studio 14z comes in six colors: Black Chain Link, Midnight Blue, Spring Green, Plum Purple, Ruby Red and Promise Pink (Susan G. Komen charity color; U.S. only).
More specs and full image gallery after the jump:
- Thickness; 0.79–1.2 inches
- Energy-efficient, mercury-free, 14-inch 16:9 LED display with HD resolution (720p/ 900p)
- Intel Pentium Dual Core, and Intel Core 2 Duo standard voltage processors up to T9550 (2.66GHz, 1066Mhz FSB, 6MB Cache)
- Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
- Digital Video/Audio via HDMI and DisplayPort
- Standard 1.3MP webcam with dual digital array mics
- Starting weight of 4.3 pounds
- Standard FastAccess Facial Recognition Software
- Optional Phoenix Failsafe Theft Protection
- "Advanced touchpad control"
- 4W, SRS, 2.0 Audio w/ discrete tweeters and dual headphone jacks
- Up to 500GB HDD capacity
- Optional 8:1 Media Card Reader via 34mm Express Card slot
- Six-cell battery standard, optional slim design 8-cell battery for up to 6:46 hours of battery life with WLED display option
- Standard Wi-Fi, optional Bluetooth and mobile broadband
- eSATA connectivity for high speed data transfer rate (up to 6X USB 2.0)
- PowerShare - Charge your USB-connected cell phone and other mobile devices via the USB 2.0/eSATA combo port even when you're unplugged from a power outlet
- Optional external optical drive options (DVD+/-RW, Blu-ray Disc read-only and read-write drives)