Firefox 3.6 is done.
Several minutes ago, the Mozilla team shot me an email announcing the availability of Firefox 3.6. Please download and tell me what you think of it.
For an incremental update, Firefox 3.6 offers a good number of improvements and new features. The Mozilla team claims the release is 20 percent faster than its six month old predecessor and offers advancements in email, photo uploads, video and social networking.
One would expect the code to be stable: release candidate 2 was made available just two days ago.
Here's the final new features list, verbatim from Mozilla:
- Personas: Personalize the look of Firefox, select new themes called Personas in a single click and without a restart
- Plugin Updater: To keep you safe from potential security vulnerabilities, Firefox will nowdetect out of date plugins
- Stability Improvements: Firefox 3.6 significantly decreased crashes caused by third party software - all without sacrificing our extensibility in any way
- Form Complete: When filling out an online form, Firefox suggests information for fields based on your common answers in similar field
- Open Video and Audio: With the world’s best implementation of HTML 5 audio and video support, now video can be displayed full screen and supports poster frames