Fitbit leads the activity tracker market and offers one of the most comprehensive databases available to help you log, track, and analyze your fitness data. Yesterday, Fitbit announced the Fitbit for Windows 10 universal application.
Fitbit has a fantastic modern web dashboard, but this new Windows 10 application brings that to your computer and provides enhanced features and support. With this new Windows 10 app you get:
- Updated live tiles that have been redesigned with more information and new notification types to let users quickly access their most critical data to better enable them to reach their personalized health and fitness goals.
- Quick actions to help users log and track their health and fitness activities, such as food, water intake and exercise, as well as set alarms more efficiently with the simple click of a button, encouraging more frequent logging.
- Cortana support allows users to speak commands on Windows 10 tablets, PCs and mobile phones - such as "Fitbit, I ate chicken for dinner" or "Fitbit, I went for a three-mile run" - for automatic and easier food and activity logging.
- Notification center now consolidates all users' important notifications and messages in a dedicated tab making it effortless to review progress,or stay motivated with cheers, taunts and encouragements from friends and family.
- Enhanced syncing with Bluetooth on all Windows 10 devices with supported hardware provides users with quicker access to their health and fitness stats, so they can make timely decisions to reach their objectives.
- Universal design and continuum support allows users to customize and effortlessly view their most important personalized data in real-time with an enhanced visual experience adjusted for whatever Windows 10 device they are using.
The newest Fitbit Charge HR and Surge work very well with Windows Phone devices too, actually offering a mobile experience even better than the iPhone.
This universal Fitbit app will extend to Windows 10 Mobile and Xbox One later this year. As a huge fan of wearable technology and the Fitbit platform, universal apps like this are encouraging to see.