Today, in case you need reminding, is April Fools' Day. If someone hasn't already tried to ensnare you in some practical joke or hoax, keep looking over your shoulder, because it's a-coming.
The web is a breeding ground for gags, and I expect that many of the sites that I visit will try to pull some kind of stunt. Some will be good, but mostly they'll be lame.
Rather than subject you to more foolery, I thought that I'd compile a short list of April Fools' Day-esque headlines I wish were true. Alas, sadly, they are not.
- AMD announce Intel-beating chip AMD beating Intel - You just know that has to be a gag.
- Linux market share overtakes Mac As disruptive as Apple is, it's still just another multi-billion dollar corporation trying to make more money.
- Apple and Microsoft to collaborate on thought-controlled media player Yeah, just what I want - a sucky interface beamed directly into my mind!
- DRM to become a thing of the past Yeah, riiiight.
- New device allows recipients of spam email to deliver painful electric shocks to the spammer I wish! I'd buy three or four of these, and amp them up a bit.
Right, that's me done for today. I'm keeping my head down and going off the grid for the rest of today so that I avoid all the jokes, gags and pranks. I'm going to spend the time building and setting up my new dual quad-core Xeon system - more on that later.
Before I go let me leave you with this bit of April Fools' Day fun ... there are so many fools out there, try not to be one of them!
Open mike time - Feel free to share your favorite April Fools' Day pranks or gags!