If you're considering getting a new flat-panel television for Christmas or you're adding another HDMI input to your existing home theater setup you may need an HDMI splitter.
The problem with many new flat-panels is that they only have one HDMI input. If you're adding an Apple TV or perhaps a new video camera (or maybe both) you may find that your digital cable box/DVR is hogging the only HDMI port on your panel.
Just connect your devices—cable/satellite box, Apple TV, HDTV, DVD player, HD DVD, gaming console to the input ports on the switcher then connect the switcher to your panel using a single HDMI to HDMI cable. Features inlude:
- Connects up to four HDMI sources to one display
- Switches easily between HDMI sources via remote or on-unit button
- Supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions
- Connects with HDMI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI cables for input and output
- Compatible with all HDMI and HDCP compliant devices
- Maintains high resolution audio and video signal
- Includes wireless remote and 120/240v power supply
- Fully compatible with Apple TV® and identically sized for stacking
The box allows you to switch between devices using an infrared remote, a universal remote, or the button on the front of the unit. An LED on the front of the unit will indicate which source you have selected.