Habey USA has a new entry into the mini PC market: an "ultra-compact fanless" model named the BIS-6620. Along with being "noiseless," it's also budget-friendly.
Powered by an Intel Atom Z510 processor, the BIS-6620 is available now and only for $299.99. For under 300 big ones (not including taxes and shipping, of course), buyers will get an ultra-compact PC platform that includes an Intel US15W SCH chipset with GMA 500 graphics that supports 1080p HD hardware decoding.
Other notable features include:
- Supports Linux and Windows XP, Vista and 7
- DDR2 SODIMM slot supporting up to 2 GB of RAM
- 1.8" SATA HDD or SSD drive bay with micro-SATA connection
- Internal standard SATA-II port for expansion
- Four external USB 2.0 ports plus one internal
- VGA or DVI-D output up to 1920 x 1080 resolution signal
- S-Video/YPbPr out
- Built-in CF socket and SD reader
- Four COM ports with one selectable as RS-232/422/485 (BIS-6620-II model)
However, built-in Wi-Fi looks to be only optional, so Ethernet might be the only way to hook this up to the Internet unless you want to upgrade.