There's just one week until Christmas, and maybe you've still got some shopping to do. Don't forget about stocking stuffers, and here are five easy and cheap gadget ideas.
1. USB Keyboard Vacuum: If your intended gift recipient is anything like me and tends to eat too often while working on the computer and neglects to take care of it, please do something about it. This $5 vacuum is USB-powered and battery-free, and it will pick up all of those tiny bits of dust and crumbs one can't easily clean off a keyboard. (Someone please get one for me.)
2. Memory Cards: They're simple and maybe not the most stylish or fun gifts, but they're small and almost always useful for the techie in your life. Depending where you look (Amazon, New Egg, etc.), you can find a whole lot of storage for very cheap too.
3. iPod Desktop Speaker: Also from the Container Store (love that place), this $10 desktop speaker is compact and ready to go anywhere. It's compatible with most iPod Shuffle and Touch models as well as the iPhone (set to Airplane Mode, ugh). Just be sure to double-check compatibility beforehand (or at least keep your receipt). Don't forget to buy a pack of four AAA batteries since they're not included.
4. iPhone/Blackberry Cases and Skins: There are so many different options for iPhone and Blackberry cases out there, starting with Case Mate and Incase. But if you do a bit of searching online, you can find some really unique ones. For example, GelaSkins has a huge catalog of creative skins for both the iPhone and Blackberry, from Keith Haring to Tim Burton-inspired designs.
5. Doctor Who USB Hub: This one's a bit more than I would spend on a stocking stuffer ($39.95), but it's so geektastic that I had to include it. This Doctor Who telephone booth-shaped USB port station can support four USB cables. It makes the classic "dematerialization" noise, and the booth light turns on and off when in use. Not to mention it will certainly stand out on any desk at work.