If you are using Windows Vista Operating System and have not upgraded your operating system with Vista SP2 still then you are running out of time, do ‘hurry’ as this service pack would be available only till April 13.
But prior to installing it, consider knowing the facts which are provided below –
* During the entire installation process, computer restarts several times. Hence, consider saving your different assignments otherwise you may lose your work.
* Once you have installed SP2 service pack, you would have to install new version of sound device or hardware device, as it may no longer work.
* You must have Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) if you want to use Windows Vista service pack; it is a must to install SP2. If you are using Windows Update for automatic update feature in windows Vista, you will not be offered the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.
* Pre release version of Windows Vista service pack 2 is also available. Hence, if you want to install a complete version of Windows Vista SP2, you would have to remove pre release version of service pack 2.
* Apart from this, if you are looking for some more information, you can check Microsoft’s website. Microsoft has provided a complete detail on different aspects of windows vista service pack 2.
How to get SP2-
Microsoft has recommended some of the easiest ways get SP2. One of them is to turn on automatic updating in Windows Update in Control Panel, and then wait for Windows Vista. It would notify you that SP2 is ready to install. You now need only a few clicks to begin the installation and the rest of the process would be automatic.
To check whether SP2 is installed or not, Click the Start button, then right-click on Computer, and then click Properties. If Service Pack 2 is in the list of Windows edition section, SP2 is already installed on your computer and you don't need to follow the instructions below.