SINGAPORE - Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories,
Inc., an independent wholly-owned subsidiary of Alcatel (NYSE: ALA) and a provider of infrastructure-independent,
multimedia customer contact centre solutions, has announced a partnership with IBM Global Services (IGS), an information technology services provider. Under terms of the
agreement, IGS professionals will be trained and certified on the entire line of Genesys customer contact centre
solutions to provide faster, global implementations of Genesys solutions.
"This partnership allows us to greatly expand our current CRM solution offerings, and offers instant expertise from Genesys to intelligently route, record and analyse customer communications both online and on the phone," said Michael Matthews, IBM Global Services Practice Executive for CRM Services. "As our customers' needs grow to accommodate e-business models and the Web, our trained professionals combined with Genesys' knowledge and applications greatly improve our services for customer relationship management."
IBM Global Services will offer its customers services for implementing both web-based and voice-based interaction management solutions from Genesys, including the company's award-winning Internet Suite.
Genesys' solutions will allow IGS customers to more efficiently manage customer contact centres, including advanced customer routing capabilities, workforce management, and real-time and historical reporting and analysis. This partnership follows a July announcement between Alcatel and IBM, whereby the two companies will integrate their information technology and communications expertise.
As part of the agreement, IGS will provide services for the following Genesys interaction management and contact centre solutions:
* Internet Contact Centre: supports a variety of Internet-based customer communication channels, including e-mail, chat, web collaboration and voice-over-IP (VoIP).
* Enterprise Routing: provides a flexible and robust routing environment capable of identifying and routing customers based on rules set by business and contact centre managers.
* Network Routing: treats multiple contact centres and agent resources as one virtual contact centre, allowing for seamless customer service across geographically dispersed sites.
* Workforce Management: produces highly accurate contact centre volume forecasts for a given period or set of tasks to more accurately plan resource and staffing needs.
* Outbound Contact: provides a software-based solution that generates calling lists directly from a business' customer database, allowing contact centre managers to implement a wide range of calling strategies for marketing and service needs.
About IBM Global Services
IBM Global Services is an information technology services provider, with 1999 revenues of approximately US$32.2 billion. Services is the fastest growing part of IBM, with more than 136,000 professionals operating in 160 countries. IBM Global Services integrates all of IBM's capabilities --services, hardware, software and research -- to help companies of all sizes realise the full value of information technology.
Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc., an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Alcatel, pioneered the field of Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) and today is a provider of infrastructure-independent contact centre solutions for the enterprise, e-business and service provider markets. With its ability to integrate interactions across all media types, including the web and traditional voice, Genesys helps businesses provide a consistent customer interaction experience.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Genesys has 43 direct sales offices and works through a select group of leading industry partners. Genesys serves the Asian market through its regional office in Singapore and through partners including AsiaNet TP Group, Compaq, eSOON, MISNet, NEC, Siemens, Sema Group, Singapore Computer Systems and Unisys to provide call/contact centre systems for use in broad-ranging systems integration and data warehousing contracts. Genesys also has local offices in Japan, Korea and Australia.
Digital Health and Wellness