With the expected unveiling of the iPad 3 only days away, the rumor mill continues to bubble away.
Image credit: Weibo
The first column shows the price for the iPad 2 in dollars, the second for the iPad 3, again in dollars, and the final column is in Chinese Yuan (calculated from the US dollar price). As you can see, the iPad 3 Wi-Fi models cost $80 more than the existing iPad 2 models, and the iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 3G models costing $70 more.
Couple of things jump out at me about this:
- Why is the Chinese Yuan price an exchange rate conversion of the US dollar value? That seems an odd touch.
- Why would the price hike for the Wi-Fi models be more than that of the Wi-Fi + 3G models? A $10 price difference here seems unusual.
I'm calling this 'rumor' bogus.
- Looking for a good deal on an iPad 2?
- Apple could be working on two processors for iPad 3
- Photo of (quite possibly fake) iPad 3 mainboard makes an appearance
- Is this the iPad 3 ‘retina display’ LCD screen?
- Could the iPad 3 start to cannibalize TVs sales?
- iPad 3 rumor roundup
- Apple set to announce iPad 3 in early March
- iPad power user tips for writers
- How to activate iPad 2 multitasking gestures on the iPad 1
- Five iOS 5 secrets
- Some more iOS 5 secrets
- iPhone/iOS 5 battery saver tips