Ever get a shock from your iPod or iPhone? I've been getting shocks now and then and they're not pleasant. Apparently I'm not the only one. There's a couple of posts about iPod shocks on Apple's discussion forums and it's been mentioned in other forums [1, 2] as well. Hardy an epidemic with over 100 million iPods sold, but worth noting.
It has only happened a couple of times and the situation is always the same. When I'm at the gym to work out I usually wear one of those synthetic Nike Dri-Fit t-shirts (like the one pictured) – because they're great at wicking away sweat. In the winter when it's especially dry here in the northeast there's a lot of static electricity, especially with synthetic material.
After getting dressed for my workout I plug my V-Moda Vibe Duo headphones, (which I reviewed in September 2007) into my iPhone and if it's a particularly dry day – ZAP! Two small electrical shocks in the ears. And it's painful.
I guess the lesson is to not wear wired headphones and Dri-Fit shirts in the dry weather? The problem is that I like this particular combination. Maybe switching to a cotton t-shirt will help.
Just wondering if this ear shocking experience has happened to you and what if anything you do to avoid it.