Law students at the Stanford Law School Center for Internet and Society have pulled together a FAQ for bloggers who plan to work the polls on Tuesday, perhaps photographing polling places, interviewing voters, or shooting video.
The report on state law affectng bloggers offers some legal perspective on such questions as:
- Can you photograph or video your vote inside the polling station- either a paper ballot or electronic screen?
- Can you photograph or video yourself voting inside the polling station?
- Can you photograph or video others voting or the working of the polling station from within it?
- Can you photograph or video the polling station from outside it?
- Can you photograph or video people leaving the voting station?
- Can you ask people questions leaving the polling station and can you video or blog their answers?