There's never been a better time to replace slow, aging hard disk drives (HDDs) with high-performance solid state drives (SSDs).
See also: Build a Windows 10 PC for $400
Here is a selection of drives, offering different levels of performance, with prices ranging from $210 to $400.
Quick tip: If you're looking for a 1TB SSD, but if you want to find affordable drives, also take a look at offerings that have a capacity of 960GB. 1TB is a capacity that people are familiar with and look for, so by going for the 960GB models you're hitting a sweeter price point while only losing a few gigabytes in the process.
With that out of the way, here are the drives (updated for April 2016).
- Torvalds: "I'm still working on" year of the Linux desktop, "I'll wear them down"
- 'Do I need to run antivirus on my Mac?'
- Five iPhone battery-saving tips that really work (and several that are useless)
- How much does it cost to charge an iPhone for a year?
- Turn your old Android device into a security camera