SAN FRANCISCO -- We just had a small keynote-eve gathering of some close friends at a nice diner at 4th and Mission to hypothesize about what we hoped Steve Jobs might announce at his Macworld Expo keynote address tomorrow.
While I'd like to see a social component added to iTunes and the iPod (read: real WiFi sharing) and a closer partnership with Google for GDrive and Google Docs and Spreadsheets for dot-Mac (think secured documents) and a 30-50GB iDisk, but not a nuclear war, we came up what we'd really like to see Apple announce:
- A 12-inch MacBook Pro (even possibly a thinBook)
- A 15-inch MacBook
- A "diskless" portable with some sort of flash drive
- An Apple tablet (I will leave the keynote to walk up to the SF store to be the first to buy one)
- HD content from the Apple store
- A 10.5 "Leopard" disk under every seat
- A Mac mini "Pro" with a large 3.5-inch HDD
- A truce with Greenpeace and all Macs being "green"
- Larger, color correct pro monitors
- Pro app developments: Shake, Final Cut Pro, Aperture
- An octo-core Mac Pro
- An end to the Blu-Ray/HD DVD battle with a solution
Just thought I'd throw those out there...