Microsoft has made available to its Fast Ring Insider testers a new preview of Window 10 Mobile, the second such build within a week.
The new preview build, 10572, is the follow-on to last week's Windows 10 Mobile Build 10549. Last week's test build required those who wanted to try out the latest bits to first roll back to Windows Phone 8.1. And this week's new test build has the same requirement.
For those willing to put up with the roll-back hassle, the latest test build has a number of new features including:
- Ability to recieve missed call notifications and send texts on users' PCs (running test Build 10565 or higher)
- Ability to test the built-in Skype Universal Messaging, Callingand Video apps
- Improvements to Cortana, including integrated Uber ride-booking
- Ability to save offline maps to an SD card
- Photo app and Storage setting improvements
As usual with test builds, the latest release includes a bunch of other bug fixes and also breaks some things that were previously working. The October 20 blog post detailing the newest Windows 10 Mobile preview fixes and updates is worth a close read for that information.
Microsoft is believed to be working toward releasing Windows 10 Mobile to manufacturing in November 2015. It will be available on new Windows Phone devices next month and will be pushed out to existing Windows Phones starting in December.