Microsoft is continuing its campaign to get more IT pros to go cloud by introducing two new resource programs.
The company unveiled the free programs -- Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials and the Microsoft IT Pro Career Center -- on April 20.
IT Pro Cloud Essentials is an annual subscription program for those looking to get started with the cloud with access to services, training and support. Included resources:
- Free Azure credits to try cloud scenarios like backup, disaster recovery, security & dev/test.
- Free Pluralsight subscription for on-line training.
- Free Priority support in the TechNet forums.
- A free phone support incident for Azure or on-premises products.
- A free certification exam voucher.
- Extended trials of Enterprise Mobility Suite and Office 365.
Microsoft IT Pro Career Center is for those looking to advance their careers via cloud. The Career Center includes:
- Info for mapping your IT cloud role.
- Learning curriculum for your chosen cloud role.
- Info on discovering which cloud roles are in demand and their salary ranges.
- Insights on your personality traits and how they match up to cloud roles.
- Guidance from industry experts about the trends in cloud roles and skills you need
Microsoft has been stepping up its promotion of career advantages for IT pros who embrace the cloud.